The Aggad Investment
Company is a diversified Saudi investment-holding company which was established
in 1975 by Sheikh Omar Aggad with three major objectives in mind: to play a significant
part in industrializing the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and developing its manpower,
and, in pursuit of these two objectives, to generate adequate profits for expansion.
This was at a time when the Kingdom was experiencing unprecedented expansion in
the industrial and service sectors thus presenting new opportunities and opening
new horizons. AICO has consequently utilized its resources to invest in companies
in the manufacturing, distribution, service and consumer product sectors. Aico’s
portfolio of holdings has always been adaptable to where it feels its largest opportunities
are. Aico’s intention is to make each company they invest in one of the leaders
in its field, and to ensure this they utilize a five-point strategy which has proven
to be both durable and adaptable:
- Identify a product or service that is needed in the Kingdom -either to replace imports
or to meet an unfulfilled demand.
- Establish a sound financial base, including strong local partnerships.
- Acquire the latest technology, usually by establishing a joint venture or entering
a technical or distribution agreement with an international company.
- Install rigorous quality control regimes and standard operating procedures.
- Employ only the most capable people, and make sure they are equipped with the most
modern management techniques.